How to Make Arugula Bianca Pizza in a Wood Fired Brick OvenBackyard Brick Ovens
How to Make Arugula Bianca Pizza in a Wood Fired Brick Oven.
In Italy, raw rocket is often added to pizzas just before the baking period ends or immediately afterwards, so that it will not wilt in the heat. It is also used cooked in Apulia, in Southern Italy, to make the pasta dish cavatiéddi, “in which large amounts of coarsely chopped rocket are added to pasta seasoned with a homemade reduced tomato sauce and pecorino“, as well as in “many unpretentious recipes in which it is added, chopped, to sauces and cooked dishes” or in a sauce (made by frying it in olive oil and garlic) used a condiment for cold meats and fish. In the Slovenian Littoral, it is often combined with boiled potatoes, used in a soup, or served with the cheese burek, especially in the town of Koper. It is also used with salad, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. In Rome, Italy rucola is used with special meat dish called straccietti that are thin slices of beef with raw rocket and Parmesan cheese.
- Small 9oz Dough :Basic Dough recipe from our site!
- Ricotta Cheese 4 oz (Season with Black Pepper and chopped Garlic)
- Fresh Mozzarella 3 oz
- Olive Oil “Evo” Drizzle
- Arugula as much as you like!!
- Prosciutto di parma (Italian Ham) Sliced thin 3 to 4 oz Prosciutto Italian: [proʃˈʃutto], Italian ham) is an Italian dry-cured ham that is usually thinly sliced and served uncooked; this style is called prosciutto crudo in Italian (or simply crudo) and is distinguished from cooked ham, prosciutto cotto.
- Shaved Parmesan Cheese 2 oz
- Truffle Oil :DrizzleTruffle oil is a modern culinary ingredient used to impart the flavor and aroma of truffles to a dish. The ingredient is commonly used as a finishing oil in a variety of dishes, including truffle fries, pasta dishes, pizzas, and puréed foods such as mashed potatoes and deviled eggs. Truffle oil is generally available in all seasons and relatively steady in price. It is popular with chefs, home cooks, and diners because it is significantly less expensive than fresh truffles. This has also led to a market growth in the product and an increase in the availability of truffle-flavored foods.Truffle oil is controversial as a flavoring ingredient, as some truffle oil is artificially produced and may lack the complex flavors and aromas of fresh truffles
.Technique: Open Small dough on floured surface. Transfer to pizza peel when open (12”) Spread Ricotta cheese on lightly with a spoon . Season with black pepper and chopped garlic. Add Fresh Mozzarella “sparingly” Cook pizza hot and fast! Be sure to turn the pizza before you burn the side facing the fire. “The more you turn the less the burn!” When the pizza is cooked with blisters and looks great, remove and top with fresh Arugula, Shaved Parm and Truffle oil. Wow, that’s Fantastic!