I love to use my backyard oven for all types of dishes and Cooking Seafood in a wood-fired oven is one of my favorites . Of course making great wood-fired pizza is my main focus and it keeps the family happy! But as you know the oven can cook incredible dishes. I love the char that the oven puts on meats and vegetables. I love the fresh bread that I cook as well. The fast cooking and high temperatures create amazing flavors that only a wood fire oven can produce.
One of my favorite dishes to cook also is fresh fish. I like to create a lot of signature dishes that really explode with flavor. Even simple dishes and simple recipes are exceptional when cooked at such high temperatures.
Example Shrimp orgenata Or Clams
Seafood made simple
- Serves 4
- 4 portions – 16 ea Shrimp (u-15 large shrimp ) peeled, deveined with the tail left on
- 1 cup bread crumbs plain or Panko
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano ¼ cup Grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced garlic
- 1 cup white wine “good tasting” Be sure to have a glass for yourself!
- ½ cup butter “love the Butter salted or sweet”
- 3oz olive oil
- 4 plum tomatoes (canned) crushed optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the bread crumbs: Combine cheese, bread crumbs, olive oil and oregano in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. They should be moist so they don’t burn.
- Crust the shrimp: Press 1 tablespoon bread crumb mixture into each shrimp on the side which has been cut to remove the vein. You should have enough bread crumb mixture to crust 16 shrimp. Distribute it evenly. Prepare the dish: Pre-heat oven and a large heavy skillet to 600 F. Add olive oil to hot skillet and allow oil to heat don’t burn the oil ! Arrange shrimp in the skillet. Add wine and butter to the top of bread crumbs so they don’t burn, along with th sliced garlic I like to put the tomatoes to the side so they add flavor to the juices . Season with salt and pepper. Return pan to the oven and cook until shrimp are done (4-5 minutes more). During the cooking time, the wine, butter, and juices from the tomato will reduce and come together like a sauce. When done plate and cover with the juices in the skillet. Enjoy easy and fantastic
- This style of cooking is simple you can do fillet of sole and baked clams the same way! So when it comes to cooking Seafood its easy and the family will love it!